This page contains web links and contacts for various organisations and areas of support.
- University Accommodation Office
- Manchester Student Homes
- Gas Emergencies - Tel: 0800 111 999
- Salford City Council - Tel - 0161 794 4711
- Salford Environmental Health - Tel - 0161 793 2010
- Salford Council Tax - Tel - 0161 909 6502
- Manchester Council - Tel - 0161 234 5000
- Landlord Accreditation Scheme
International Student Supprt
- HOST - Helps support international students to have a day or a weekend in a British home
- UK Visas
British Council inclucing information about 'Before you arrive in the UK'
- Access to Learning Fund
- Student Loans
- Student Loan Company
- Office of Fair Trading - This has a free confidential and independent telephone advice helpline, giving you information on how to deal with debt problems. There is also a section for students about consumer rights and money management
National Debtline - This has a free confidential and independent telephone advice helpline, giving you information on how to deal with debt problems.
- A guide to the support available from the University and Students' Union for lesbian, gay, bi and trans students.
Our LGBT Society also provide advice and support.
- Counselling Support
- Harassment and Bullying
- Sexual Health
- University Equality and Diversity Office
- Nightline - A listening, support and information service, run by students for students
General Support Needs
- Local Authority Information
- National Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux - A useful website that gives you basic advice on a wide range of issues and tells you your rights.
Endsleigh Insurance - One company that offers specialist insurance
- NHS Direct - Tel: 0845 4647 (24 hour)
- University Counselling Service - Tel: 0161 295 4209
- Brook Advisory Service
- NHS Choices
Family Planning Association - Contraception Advice
- Drug information and Advice (Talk to FRANK)
- Lifeline Project
Safety and Security
- Salford Police Station - Tel: 0161 872 5050
- Crimestoppers - Tel: 0800 555 111
Home Office Student Safety